If you’re seeking an active lifestyle, Birtinya is the place to be. Walking, running, water sports, an array of gyms, studios and classes – this connected coastal pocket is tapped into all you could want to play, move and get active.
Pairing as a great way to socialise, fitness is that little more fun on the Sunshine Coast.
Check out the getting active in Birtinya below!
There is a water sport for everyone in Birtinya! Lake, sea or pool, when the sun is shining who could resist!
- A sea change wouldn’t be complete without embracing the coastal lifestyle and learning to surf. If you’re eager to learn, head to Sunshine Coast Surf Schools. For keen surfers, join Kawana Boardrider Club as a great way to get social!
- Lake Kawana is a hub for all things water sports. Kawana Waters Canoe Club provides training for paddlers in Birtinya! Alternatively, why not try Sunshine Coast Dragon Boat and Outrigger Canoe Club who offer your first three sessions for FREE.
- Swimmers have the best of both worlds in Birtinya! Enjoy an ocean swim or head to Kawana Aquatic Centre to do some laps of their 50m pool!
If you’re a sucker for a fitness class or want to do some cross training to add to your regime check out these local gyms.
- O2 Perfromance is the Sunshine Coasts home of fitness, wellbeing and athletic development. Located on Lake Kawana, this impressive facility is open 24 hours a day.
- A worldwide phenomenon, try out F45 Birtinya to kick start your fitness journey. A mix of circuit and HIIT style workouts, you’ll sure to be boosted with endorphins following your workout.
- To move your body and boost your wellness, head to Morning Light Studio. Offering Yoga, Pilates and Barre classes your mind and body will sure to be feeling strong.
Embrace Nature’s Playground
The naturistic perfection of Birtinya pairs perfectly with keeping fit and healthy.
- With beautiful boardwalks and walking tracks at your doorstep, getting your 10,000 steps a day is done with ease in Birtinya. Check out the Kawana Forest Nature Walk for a quick loop through the varied rainforest in Meridan Plains, take a drive to Noosa National Park for a stunning longer trek, or drive to the Glasshouse Mountains and climb Mount Ngungun.
- Still want to break a sweat? Check out ParkRun Kawana as a way to get active, whilst getting social.